Beginning 2004, the Union County Leadership Institute has offered countless professionals an experience of hands on education and networking.
The program has five main objectives:
• Exposure to key issues affecting residents and businesses in Union County
• Exposure to influential leaders in business and government in Union County
• Networking and building relationships with 25 professionals throughout the 10 month class
• Hands on education and experiences through planning a class session and completing a quality of life research project
• Increase knowledge of leadership traits and identifying personal leadership styles
Leadership Students should have high standards of personal quality and integrity, respect, responsibility, reliability and a sincere interest in community issues.
Throughout the 10 month Program, Leadership Students are empowered to be an integral part of the class day planning process and, therefore, enabled to be visionary and active leaders in the community as they explore critical issues with knowledgeable speakers, effective facilitators and a variety of experimental activities. Leadership Students are also required to complete a community-directed research project aimed at affecting the quality of life in Union County.
A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. – Lao Tzu