Started in 1999, the Industrial Parkway Association is a different entity than the Marysville, Richwood and the Plain City Business Associations. Located along the Industrial Parkway from Post Road – 161 and New California, Ohio, there are approximately 180 businesses. The Industrial Parkway Association (IPA) is an association of the Union County Chamber of Commerce.
The IPA holds monthly meetings at 8:00 AM every second Thursday of the month at the John Deere Training Center, located at 9005 Heritage Drive, Plain City.
They have a great networking and informative meeting with over 50 attendees. The association has worked with various utilities and local governments whenever a need exists to improve services to the people and businesses in the area. They also provide support to the local law enforcement and fire departments whenever there is an opportunity to help them. The association is issue oriented. In other words, concerns center around what affects the growth and well being of those businesses along this four mile stretch of the Parkway. Issues that have united this actively involved association in that past and present include:
- Adding more telephone cable to accommodate continued growth.
- Added left turn lanes on the Parkway.
- Completed a joint project with Time-Warner to lay fiber optic cable to provide Roadrunner capabilities to Parkway Businesses.
- Worked with ODOT to erect a new traffic light at the Post Road/State Route 33 exit ramp.
- Completed with ODOT a study recommending a new traffic light at the State Route 161 and Cosgray Road intersection.
- A key participant with the Union County Chamber of Commerce’s Economic Development Comprehensive Land Use Plan in the Industrial Parkway area.
- Work closely with the Jerome Township Trustees, Zoning Board and other officials regarding zoning restrictions and other business consideration in the Parkway area.
- Working with the Union County Engineer, City of Dublin, Jerome Trustees and ODOT to reconfigure the Route 33 and Post road interchange.
- Industrial Parkway Member Listing (pdf File)
- Water and sanitary utilities are provided on the Industrial Parkway by the City of Marysville